In 1971, on the 150th anniversary of the birth of Fyodor Dostoevsky, the Fyodor Dostoevsky Literary-Memorial Museum was opened in the house where the great Russian novelist lived from 1878 until his death in 1881. The museum consists of several parts: the memorial house - which has been restored to how it looked when Dostoevsky lived here, based on the recollections of his wife; and the exhibition hall which details his life and work. In addition the museum also houses an exhibition hall for contemporary art and a theatre.
|Location||5/2 Kuznechny Pereulok|
|Clock||11:00 - 18:00 (Wednesdays: 13:00 - 20:00). Closed on Mondays and public holidays.|