Around the City

Trinity Church

Trinity Church (August 2011)

In the north-west of the city, just behind the bus station, is the Trinity Church.  It was built between 1790 and 1802, originally as a five-domed church.  After a fire in 1878 restoration work was carried out which saw the original five domes being replaced with a single large dome on a tower featuring many windows.  The church was closed after the Revolution and in the 1980s was transferred to the Kargopol Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve. 

Location Oktyabrsky Prospekt