The church ensemble located in the part of Yaroslavl historically known as Korovnitskaya Sloboda comprises two red-brick churches with green domes similar in style. It is considered one of the best examples of the Yaroslavl-style of architecture. The larger of the two churches is St John Chrysostom’s Church which was built between 1649 and 1654. Attached to each side of the church are two side-altars which are topped with tent-domes. Its window frames are decorated with small ceramic tiles. The neighbouring Our Lady of Vladimir Church is smaller in size and serves as a winter church meaning that it is heated and therefore open in winter. It was completed in 1669 and in style it is very similar to St John Chrysostom’s Church but without the two side-altars. In between the two churches is a tent-dome bell tower which was erected in the 1680s.
|Location||2 Portovaya Naberezhnaya|