On Ulitsa Svobody there is a church ensemble comprising two churches: the Ascension Church which is used in summer months and the Presentation of the Lord Church which is used in winter months. The more impressive of the two churches is the Ascension church which was built between 1677 and 1682 and comprises a typical four-tiered white building topped with five green domes. Next to this is the smaller Presentation Church which is slightly younger, dating from 1691, but later considerably rebuilt in what is known as the Elizabethan baroque style. Both churches were damaged during the 1918 Uprising and later closed during the Soviet era. The churches were once again opened in 2010 and reconstruction work was carried out in the run up to the city's millennium celebrations.
|Location||44 Ulitsa Svobody|