Located outside of the monastery, but still within the earthen mounds is the Trinity Cathedral which was built in the Russian Revival style between 1907 and 1913 next to the ancient St George's Cathedral to provide the city with a larger main cathedral able to hold over 2,000 people. It was finally consecrated in 1915 after several delays. It did not remain open for long as it was closed during the Soviet era and its domes were removed. The cathedral has since been returned to the Orthodox Church but it remains closed and in ruins, yet to be restored.
|Location||2 Muzeyny Pereulok|