The Petropavlovsky Convent was founded as a monastery in the mid-17th century. This monastery was dissolved in 1764 but subsequently reopened as a convent in 1874. In the 1920s the convent was closed and its buildings fell into disrepair. Now the most striking feature is the bell tower of the former Dormition Church which dates from the late 19th century. The former convent's cathedral - the mid-19th century Ss Peter and Paul's Cathedral - stands in ruins nearby, only the walls remaining.
|Location||74 Ulitsa Pervogo Maya|