Standing on the opposite side of the road to the bell tower of the former Petropavlovsky Convent is the Ascension Church which was built in 1780 as a cemetery church. In form it comprises a two-storey structure with a single dome attached to a vestibule. In 1840 a bell tower was added but this was destroyed in the Soviet period after the church was closed in the 1930s. The church has since between returned to the Orthodox Church and restoration work is being carried out.
|Location||35 Ulitsa Pervogo Maya|