The Alekievsky Konstantino-Yeleninsky Monastery was founded in 1362 by Bishop Alexius (Aleksi) in the village of Dobry which has since been incorporated into the city of Vladimir. Bishop Alexius later went on to become Metropolitan of Kiev and All Rus (the first to move to Moscow) and a saint. The monastery was closed during the Soviet era when it was used as a factory and it was only reopened in 2003. Its main church is the Ss Constantine and Helena’s Church which dates from 1770. In 1885 a tall redbrick bell tower was erected which remains the monastery’s main feature.
|Location||8 Konstantino-Yeleninsky Proezd|