One of the most beautiful and decorative churches in Vladimir is the Dormition Church. It was built in 1649 using the funds of Vladimir's successful craftsmen and merchants to replace an older wooden version which had been destroyed by fire. In form it includes a bell tower and a closed gallery. The main building of the church is topped with five green domes and beneath them it is decorated with three rows of kokoshniks. Closed during the Soviet times, in the early 1990 it was transferred to the Orthodox Old-Believers Church.
|Location||106A Ulitsa Bolshaya Moskovskaya|