In 1157 Prince Yuri Dolgoruky had a church built here and dedicated it to his protector St George. However this version of the church burned down in 1778 and was replaced in 1796. The new version was built in the baroque style with a decorated cube structure with a single dome attached to a tent-domed bell tower. The church was closed in 1980 and at one point its premises were used for smoking sausages which caused the church's frescos to be covered with a layer of fat. Later the church was restored and subsequently used as a concert hall, until it was finally returned to the Church in 2006. Outside the church is a pretty little courtyard.
|Location||2A Ulitsa Georgievskaya|