The Ascension Church dates from 1724 but a church dedicated to the Ascension of Christ has stood here since at least 1187. Then it was part of a monastery which was most likely founded by Andrey Bogolyubsky. In 1813 a bell tower was added in commemoration of the victory over Napoleon. The church was closed by the Soviets in 1934 and only re-consecrated as a parish church in 1990.
|Location||14A Ulitsa Voznesenskaya|