This statue of Lenin has stood here since 1950 when it replaced a previous Lenin statue which was unveiled in 1925. The current statue depicts Lenin with one hand holding onto his jacket and one hand by his side, whereas previously he was pointing towards the Dormition Cathedral. The pedestal where Lenin now stands was once occupied by a statue of Emperor Alexander II. Behind the statue is the city bank which was built in 1896.
|Location||outside 29 Ulitsa Bolshaya Moskovskaya|