Close to the River Kamenka is an ensemble of two churches which date from after the fire of 1719. The ensemble's summer church is St Nicholas' Church which was built between 1720 and 1739. In form the church is a single-domed structure attached to a 'octagon-on-cube' style bell tower. The winter church is the Nativity of Christ Church which dates from 1775. It is simple in form, but decorated with colourful cornices and friezes. The front pediment features a fresco depicting the Nativity of Christ. St Nicholas' Church also runs the Sofia Icon Painting Studio which organises excursions of the churches and master classes on icon painting.