Across the road from the Old Town House is another church ensemble comprising a summer and a winter church. As usual the summer church, which is the Our Lady of Smolensk Church, is the prettier of the two. It was built between 1696 and 1706 in what was then the settlement (sloboda) of Skuchilikha which was owned by the Spaso-Yevfimiev Monastery. The church comprises a large cube structure with five domes on tall tholobates and a classical-style bell tower. Just next to this is the small and rather plain St Simeon Stylite's Church, which dates from 1749.