This church dedicated to St Nicholas is called 'on the Rzhavets' after the name of a stream which flowed here before the area dried up. The church dates from 1749 when it was built in stone to replace an older wooden version. It comprised a small cube building topped with a single gold dome and attached to a bell tower. The church was closed by the Bolsheviks and later used as a shoe factory. Eventually it was returned to the Orthodox Church in 1992 and underwent restoration work.
|Location||6B Ulitsa Revolyutsi|