St Elijah the Prophet’s Church was built from 1739 to 1760 to replace an older church which once stood here. It comprises a two storey building topped with a small dome and a prominent facade in the Russian revival style. Between 1924 and 1943 it served as the eparchial cathedral of the Tula Eparchy until it itself was closed and used as workshop. It was only reopened for worship in 2006.
|Location||6 Ulitsa Kominterna|