A church dedicated to the Ascension of Christ has stood in this spot since at least 1646, the original version being made out of wood. The current version was built between 1755 and 1787. The church has two stories with the upper floor being dedicated to the Presentation of Virgin Mary. The top of the church features a large hexagonal tholobate and dome which is in turn topped with a small golden onion dome. The church was closed during the Soviet period and used as a store room. It has since been returned to the Orthodox Church.
|Location||12 Ulitsa Gertsena|