Sergiev's War Memorial, dedicated to its citizens who lost their lives in the Second World War, is located on the city's main street - Prospekt Krasnoy Army (Red Army Prospect). It was erected in 1950 on a mass grave of Red Army soldiers and is made out of dark red granite. More bodies were interred here in the 1960s, but they were later all reburied in a new location in the 1980s. In 1977 an eternal flame was added to the complex.
|Location||Prospekt Krasnoy Armi|