St Petersburg's Zoological Museum is run as part of the Zoological Institute of the Russian Academy of Science and was opened in 1832 upon being separated from the Kuntskamera. The museum consists of three halls which display various skeletons and stuffed animals, including examples of birds, insects, mammals, fish, reptiles and amphibians. The most impressive exhibits are the skeleton of a blue whale and Dima the baby mammoth (when not on tour), which was unearthed in 1977 in the Magadan Region.
|Location||1 Universitetskaya Naberezhnaya|
|Metro||Admiralteyskaya, Sportivnaya, Vasileostrovskaya|
|Open||11:00 - 18:00. Closed on Tuesdays and public holidays.|