The Our Lady of Kazan Chapel is both a simple chapel and a rather elegant monument to the People's Army of Minin and Pozharsky who liberated Moscow from the Poles in 1612. It is located opposite the Holy Gates of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery from where the army set off on its mission. It was opened in 1997 and comprises a tall pyramid with a stained-glass window depicting the Our Lady of Kazan Icon. It has become a symbol of Yaroslavl, partly as it features on one side of the RUB 1000 note.
|Location||Kotoroslnaya Naberezhnaya, opposite the Holy Gates of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery|