The current version of Archangel Michael's Church was constructed between 1657 and 1682. Previously a wooden version was constructed by Grand Prince Konstantin of Vladimir and Rostov in 1216 which in turn was replaced on the orders of Princess Anna of Yaroslavl (the Tatar wife of Prince Fyodor the Black) in 1298. The current red church is standard in form: a single building topped with five green domes. Attached to one corner is a tall bell tower. In 1731 the church's interior was decorated with frescos but these were lost when the church was closed during the Soviet era and used as a store.
|Location||67 Ulitsa Pervomaiskaya|